It could only happen to me!

20th June 2018

I found a letter from the hospital whilst cleaning today which reminded me to call and follow up as I have not heard anything about my consultant referral yet. I didn't know who to call, so at first I phoned my GP.  The secretary told me a letter was sent to Dr Das on 26th May and told me to call the secretary for Dr Das at Kettering General Hospital (KGH). So I called the main switch board and they put me through and I had to leave a message. I hate leaving messages. The recorded message asked for a name, contact number, NHS number, referral number... all sorts! I got so flustered that I forgot to leave my phone number!  I didn't realise until a while later, so I called back and repeated everything and included my phone number the second time!  What an idiot... 

I received a call later from his secretary confirming an appointment letter for a scan was sent out, with blood forms... to our old address!!!  We moved three years ago!!  I have never been seen there other than when I gave birth there 8 years ago, so I don't know how they managed to get the address wrong. Surely my GP should have given them my address. To make matters worse, the scan should have been today! TODAY!!! How coincidental that I found the letter today which prompted me to ring them?! I gave her my new address and she is sending out another appointment letter, and more blood forms. 

It could only happen to me!

21st June 2018


I received a call from Dr Das' secretary confirming address again. At least they're being thorough! 

Comments

Popular Posts