Just Put Me Down!

Thursday 10th May

Follow up appointment with the doctor this morning. The results of the blood tests show that my liver is overworked, which is probably due to my Hep C. I'm also very low in iron and borderline anaemic. My cholesterol is also high (6.6). Just put me down!  Lol.

The Doctor wasn't very nice. She asked me again how I contracted Hep C. I only told her last week! She told me to change my diet, eat iron rich foods and make an appointment with the nurse about the cholesterol "if I wanted to".  I can't help thinking she couldn't wait to get me out of the room.  This is why I haven't been looking after my health and keeping a check on my Hep C previously as they always make me feel like I'm wasting their time!

 She did say she will refer me to hospital about liver/hepatitis. I just have to wait for an appointment to come through now. 

Thursday 17th May

I received call from doctors to tell me to pick up a referral letter to the hospital. I have to go online to make an appointment.

So... I've gone online... Every hospital in the area are fully booked for appointments for the next 10-12 weeks! All except  Woodhill hospital that is. I've never heard of it before, but I've just looked it up and it's a private hospital in Kettering. So I have requested an appointment at that one on 28th May. 

Comments

Popular Posts