Appointments!

Friday 20th April 2018

I took the first step and went to doctors to ask to be checked regarding my liver and Hepatitis C.  She was thorough, looking through my notes and referred me to the hospital.  She gave me some blood forms and said I can either go to the hospital on Saturday (the following day) and have them done, or come back to the surgery next Friday and have them done by the nurse at the surgery which is what I opted for. My husband was working that Saturday and my anxiety prevented the very idea of driving to the hospital alone, parking there and then sitting in a waiting room for hours to be seen.

Friday 27th April

Blood test day. I haven't eaten anything since 9pm last night as it's a fasting blood test I'm having. The doctor wants to check me for everything. I couldn't even have a cup of tea which is killing me! I need my tea first thing in the morning to function! I tried to drink some squash but struggled and only managed 3/4 glass before I had to dash to do the school run and then walk to the doctors surgery. The nurse took my bloods and struggled to get a vein, resulting in a big bruise. 

I have to give it a good week for the results to come back.


Comments

Popular Posts